Rodents’ instincts make them difficult to control, and they present a serious menace to your home.
If you’re in need of rodent control services, here’s what you should know about these pests:
- Instincts: Rats are instinctively wary of rat control measures such as traps and bait, and colonize in attics, burrows, under concrete and porches, in wall voids and other hard to reach places.
- Disease: Rats can harbor and transmit a number of serious diseases. They can also introduce disease-carrying parasites such as fleas, lice and ticks into your home.
- Access: They invade your home seeking food, water and warmth. Without mouse control intervention, one pair of mice may produce 200 offspring in four months.
- Contamination: Each mouse can contaminate much more food than it eats
Rodents will gnaw through many types of materials in order to reach a location including lead sheathing, cinder block, aluminum siding and some concrete.
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT RODENTS
- Rodents can contaminate 100 times the amount of food they eat.
- They are able to squeeze through very small openings: 1/4 inch for mice and 1/2 inch for rats.
- They also cause damage to our buildings by their burrowing and gnawing activity.
- They carry diseases including:
- Lymphocytic choriomenigitus,
just to name a few.
- Each year, rodents cost U.S. business’ millions of dollars.